Tuesday, July 15, 2014

RAMBLING THOUGHTS OF AN ELDERLY GAL!

Nothing like a good storm to energize you!
Nothing like having someone try to take advantage of me to lift me out of my funk.  I was so energized yesterday, that I was on a buzz all day.  I started the day by heading to the police and being directed to the post office with my fake money order.  Turns out this falls under the Federal Postal Inspector.  I turned everything in.  What bothers me the most about this whole process, was in finding a You Tube Video from 2011 with the same complaint and here it is 2014 and it is still happening.  This tells me that it is a daunting task trying to keep up with these jerks.

I just wonder, if they would put as much energy into legitimate work, wouldn’t it be better than running from the law every month or so?  Just saying!

Later, I joined some lady friends from my community for lunch.  Can I say how important they are to me?  This group was the first group of people that reached out to me after Pat died.  They pulled me back into the living and I will forever carry them in my heart for their act of kindness during that part of my life.  They get together now and then for lunch or dinner and they have a way to make me laugh.  Their attitude is spunky and they are full of funny stories.  

My life, like play dough, is always evolving and changing.  I am looking for volunteer possibilities to keep me engaged and help me make new friends.  

I started helping out at the Honey Hollow Audubon Society in Bucks County.  It is new to me, but already I find very interesting people.  I feed the birds, but honestly except for enjoying the entertainment they provide me while feasting at the feeders I am not an intense birder.  I love the property at Honey Hollow.  I volunteered this weekend at the Barn Tour, a fundraiser for the Bucks County Audubon Society.  I was assigned to Tyler Park at barn number 9.  I was a greeter at the entrance of the park out in the middle of nowhere directing attendees to go down a “do not enter” road to the barn.  

It was a bit lonely, and except for a couple who knew me and stopped to have a conversation, I was alone in the heat for the four hours.  I laugh at my thoughts when faced with these kind of moments.  I imagined what it must be like to be in a sweat box, with just the thoughts in my head…and there were some strange ones.  I was having a one on one with a squirrel trying to crack a nut.  He was not upset at my presence and he entertained me for a very long time.

Part time job or volunteer…which way to go?  I know I need the pull to keep me going, and I want to be with people and I especially need to have the purpose in my life.  In this world of widowhood, I am not afraid to step out of my comfort zone, and do things that fulfill my needs.  


Life, although challenging, is still an adventure to me.  I enjoy spontaneity.  I am filled with a desire to wander and explore.  I’ll keep moving, pushing and meeting new people.  I may be “elderly” according to some definitions, but I am young at heart and still ready to kick up some dust! If I have to do it alone, then so be it, but if I can find anyone to join me in my explorations, then that will be the frosting on my cake of life!  

1 comment: