Sunday, June 21, 2015

A SALUTE TO MY THREE SONS ON FATHER’S DAY

Justin, Joliene, Damian and Aaron
As I sat here this morning, watching the ads on TV celebrating Father’s Day, missing the “best father” that I was married to, I realized that through my son’s and their role as father, he is still here through them.

I remember as a young family, the times that I would watch as Pat would wrestle with the kids in the living room, putting everything around in danger of breaking, yet knowing in those moments how precious these times were. Memories that still lift my spirit today.

It is a joy for me to watch my three son’s in their own life as husband and father.  I see their Dad through them in so many ways.  

I am proud of my sons.  Each one different, and at the same time carry the character of their Dad, who in my eyes, was on balance a great dad to his kids. 

Damian, a father of four, is supportive, loving, and kind.  Filled with a spirit of compassion and generosity that comes as naturally to him as breathing.  

Justin, father of two, who not only sacrificed for our country but his family too, always putting his family first.  Over the years, I watched his relationship with his girls and how important it was for him that they know how much he loves them.  Whether apart because of his military duties or together, he had a way of making it known that he loved them and they are the most important thing in the world to him.

Aaron, my youngest son, and a father of two, works hard for his family.  Watching him play with his kids is a joy for me and takes me back to the days when I watched his father on the floor with the kids, wrestling, reminding me of the life lived long ago.

I have watched the three of them grow into wonderful husbands.  I love their choices in wives.  Together they have created beautiful, loving families.  The eight grandchildren all are special in their own ways.  

My greatest joy is when their busy schedules clear enough for us to gather as a whole family, watching them banter and play, but most important, celebrate each other.  These times are when I feel Pat around the most because they are all so much like him and if you ask me, you can’t be much better than that!


Enjoy your day sons.  You deserve the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment