Tuesday, May 9, 2017

CELEBRATING!

My brother-in-law Michael Ford, a man with a great spirit, full of love, giving and oh by the way a magnificent pianist and composer, was in concert this past Sunday where he played over an hour of his own compositions and introduced a couple pieces from his newly released CD, “Exile” that he dedicated to my late husband, his brother, John Patrick Ford.  

It is one thing to listen to the beautiful music that Michael creates, but it is another journey to watch his hands dance across the keyboard so fast you can’t see where his fingers land on the keys.  He is pure joy and inspiration!

Spending time with the Ford family has never ceased to be anything but happiness for me.  Some say it is a unique family. We don’t see it as anything but normal and as it should be.  When I came to this family over 50 years ago, I was a broken winged bird, but this family taught me how to fly.  Drip by drip I was shown unconditional love and gently encouraged to accept it so that in time they showed me how to give it.

Life is not perfect…never has been nor never will be.  The relationship between Michael, his sister Lucyann and Pat was always a dance of celebration.  In all the years I have been part of this family, I have witnessed this and learn to celebrate too.  The joy of it all is that the in-laws in this picture, John to Lucyann, and Beth to Michael are equally full of this spirit. 

The next generation of Ford’s was on hand and like their parents spread a loving and giving spirit.  I stood back at one point and was so grateful that my grandchildren who were there could see and more importantly feel the love that was sprinkled everywhere by everyone.  Hugs, kisses, and a spirit of excitement at your being there were shown to everyone who walked through the door, some who I haven’t seen in 30 years due to time, distance, and schedules, but you would not know it by watching.  The unique part of this family is that when they do get together, they just pick up from the last time, share the latest happenings in life, then turn to making new memories and then more hugs and kisses again in the good-byes.  

I always find my spirits so lifted by being in their presence.  

Thank you, Michael, for sharing your gift.  Thank you, Beth, for making us all feel like we are the most special person in the room.  Thank you Lucyann and John for being my best friend.  I love you all!

Now it is time to dance to the music.

To the rest of the world, I invite you to explore the enlightened works of Michael.  You can check out his website at:  https://michaelford.bandcamp.com/  i promise you wont be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment