Tuesday, August 16, 2016

NATURE'S SERENADE

Trumpet vines reaching for the sky
waiting for the hummingbirds to stop by.
Feeling alone 
but how could this be
surrounded by the songs 
of the birds and the bees.

The evening sounds pulsating 
by the cicada’s dance
Frogs and crickets darting about
taking a chance
while bats join 
in the evening flight
of birds gathering 
in the waning light.

How can one feel so alone
surrounded by nature's serenade
quiet I sit as the evening sun starts to fade.
I ponder, as the day is done
is it just me…am I the only one?
I am reminded by the frog's bullhorn blair
that I only need to look to see them there.

As one day ends and I say good-bye
to the pain I carry 
that could make me cry
I settle in for the night
surrounded by the moon’s guiding light
as the frogs and night birds sing
hoping that a new day will bring
the music of the birds in flight
showing that everything is alright

I’ll just step outside and wait
as trumpet vines reach for the sky

waiting for hummingbirds to stop by.

1 comment: